I’m very happy that this platform gave me e-voice to communicate my experience regarding sustainability, through my eyes as an auditor, for the last 10 years. Wouldn’t you all agree that sustainability starts from our very own house? So, I figured that its surely worth to mention some tips for…
A Sustainable living around the house
- Put on an extra layer of clothing instead of turning on the heating.
- Seriously, doubling up on your socks does wonders!
- Open up your blinds and use as much natural light as possible before switching on your light bulbs.
- Turn off your lights when you leave a room.
- Put up a no junk mail sign on your letterbox to limit the amount of paper waste.
- Hang your wet clothes on a drying line or rack instead of using a powered dryer.
- Hand wash your clothes, particularly if you only have a few items to clean.
- Start timing your showers. Or invest in a shower timer.
- Grow your own herbs, fruit and vegetables, even if its just a few pots around the house.
- Turn off your devices at night, including wifi box.
- Get a water-saving showerhead.
- Purchase recycle toilet paper with plastic-free packaging.
- On the topic of toilets, use scrap paper, newspaper, or toilet paper to collect pet poo.
My warmest regards,
Maria Karampa, Auditor